Anyone else tired of all this rain? I'm from Missouri, and it feels like we're just getting hammered. It's been raining constantly since last Thursday, April 21. Today, Tuesday, April 26, we actually got a day of sunshine. The danger of all the rain is still here as can be seen from the photos below. Lake Taneycomo runs along side our campus and underneath the bluff that our location was named after. They had to open the dam more to relieve some of the pressure the water has been having on the retaining walls. I went out and took pictures of the houses below the point to see just how much they were being affected by all this rain. I was sad to see how close the water was to these houses. We are supposed to get more rain the rest of this week. I know for a fact that it's raining right now which will not help the flood conditions. Pray for Missouri, and all the other states being affected by these storms carrying all this rain.
In this picture, I'm pretty sure what I've circled in yellow is a chair floating down the lake... can't really be sure. There are just so many houses along the banks that it could be any piece of furniture.
All of those roofs are boat docks, but the actual houses are back in the trees. They will probably be kissing the lake's water within the next few days.
The boats in this picture have been tied to the trees in a backyard to keep them from being lost with the current. You can also see someone standing on their sidewalk watching the water. As I stood taking pictures, I'm sure the water had gone up another foot since the dam had been opened again.
No comments:
Post a Comment